Who is sick of eating for weight loss? Who is fed up with giving up your favourite foods, only to crash and burn on the latest “fad” diet?
What if food was less about weight loss and more about healing our bodies and helping us feel better?
It’s time to change the way we view food for good. It’s time to stop obsessing over what we eat and make changes that in the long run will heal our bodies, give us energy, help us lose weight, and prevent illness in the future.
One of my all time favourite excuses people give me as a fitness coach is “I don’t have time to cook my meals.” Why is it a classic favourite? Well it’s going to sound harsh, but isn’t it amazing when someone is diagnosed with an illness they all of a sudden have 5-6 hours a week to go to chemo appointments, dialysis, or in and out of doctor appointments? Yet, those 5-6 hours a week eating better and spending the time preparing and being healthy would prevent the disease? So while making my point is a bit harsh, sometimes us humans need a little wake up call. Make the changes before it’s too late.
People make eating healthy so damn complicated and today I am going to uncomplicated things.
If you want to feel better, eat better. Period.
- Add more greens in each meal.
- Eat and abundance of vegetables and fruits daily.
- Incorporate beans into your meals once a day.
- Drink lots of water.
- Reduce the crap food (I didn’t say eliminate it, I said reduce it, same goes for alcohol).
- Snack on raw nuts and seeds. Make homemade trail mixes (not the Costco smarties crap ones).
- Cut back on animal products.
- Reduce the condiments.
- For the love of Pete – stop drinking processed pops, juices, and flavoured drinks. Seriously!
- Eat a salad everyday but make it with all the things you love.
- Knock off the fast food for yourself and your wallet.
- Have fruits and veggies prepped and ready to go in your fridge.
- Eat frozen blueberries (so yummy).
- Make healthy smoothies with protein, greens, fruit, flax or chia seeds.
- Eat salmon once or twice a week for your EFA’s
- Drink tea throughout the day
- Dip your veggies into something you like (it’s better than chips and dip)
Let’s just add more nutrients into our bodies because if you do, you’ll feel fuller and therefore reducing the amount of crap foods you put into your body. Did you know we eat the same amount of food in Weight a day? So if you eat a lot of good foods, you actually feel fuller faster – who knew?!
You are smart. You know what to do. Do it for yourself. Start by making little changes each day and go from there. You deserve to live a long healthy and vibrant life. You simply have to decide if you think you are worthy of the effort (I really think you are worthy of the effort).
Let’s stop making food choices complicated. You don’t need to go buy a juicer right away. Maybe that will come down the road, but for now make better choices and keep moving.
Food is energy. Feed your body at the cellular level and from natural sources. Remember, there is no Doritos tree that grows chips lol
💜 Rachel Seay 😊
Inner Fit Studios Coach